Thursday, October 24, 2013

Young and Beautiful Great Gatsby








I've seen the worldDone it all, had my cake nowDiamonds, brilliant, and Bel-Air nowHot summer nights mid JulyWhen you and I were forever wildThe crazy days, the city lightsThe way you'd play with me like a child
Will you still love mewhen I'm no longer young and beautifulWill you still love mewhen I got nothing but my aching soulI know you will, I know you willI know that you willWill you still love mewhen I'm no longer beautiful
I've seen the world, lit it up as my stage nowChanneling angels in, the new age nowHot summer days, rock and rollThe way you'd play for me at your showAnd all the ways I got to knowYour pretty face and electric soul
Will you still love mewhen I'm no longer young and beautifulWill you still love mewhen I got nothing but my aching soulI know you will, I know you willI know that you willWill you still love mewhen I'm no longer beautiful
Dear lord when I get to heavenPlease let me bring my manWhen he comes tell me that you'll let meFather tell me if you can
Oh that grace, oh that bodyOh that face makes me wanna partyHe's my sun, he makes shine like diamonds
Will you still love mewhen I'm no longer young and beautifulWill you still love mewhen I got nothing but my aching soulI know you will, I know you willI know that you willWill you still love mewhen I'm no longer beautifulWill you still love mewhen I'm no longer beautifulWill you still love mewhen I'm not young and beautiful

Patti Friday, Photojourno, reporting from inside 'The Art Dept.' at the international 'Embassy of Ideas'.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...