Sunday, April 21, 2013

Durga River




A river runs through it.  My photo illustration of Durga features the waters of Huntsville, Ontario. (which sadly is flooding right now)  Durga calms me.  I carry a tiny laminated copy of her image in my pocket and another one in my handbag.  It is crumpled and creased with the word 'Fearless' written on the back.  Durga accompanies me in life.  It's part of my 'as I go' - 'on the go' meditation.  Perhaps I'm in a car or walking or painting.  I think of Durga and whisper the bliss mantra 'Om anandamayi chaitaynamayi satyamayi parame'. I might repeat it once or a few times. It depends.  I learned this chant from Kelly Cutrone via The Mother via Sri Aurobindo via India.  It means 'Oh thou full of bliss, full of consciousness, full of truth, Supreme.'  (enjoy the sound of this mantra - see the video below)

I finished a piece of art today. 'Durga River'.  It is sweet petite, small and medium sized. Unframed, framed or sent to you on canvas.  I hope you find the 'bliss' with her.  She is in my shop now.

Patti Friday, Photojourno, reporting from inside 'The Art Dept.' at the international 'Embassy of Ideas'.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...