Friday, March 22, 2013

The Complete 'Leaves of Grass' Walt Whitman




Come, said my soul,
     Such verses for my Body let us write, (for we are one,)
     That should I after return,
     Or, long, long hence, in other spheres,
     There to some group of mates the chants resuming,
     (Tallying Earth's soil, trees, winds, tumultuous waves,)
     Ever with pleas'd smile I may keep on,
     Ever and ever yet the verses owning--as, first, I here and now
     Signing for Soul and Body, set to them my name,

     Walt Whitman


Read the entire book here.

Buy a hard copy here.

Gutenberg Org alternative copies. (Kindle etc)


Patti Friday, Photojourno, reporting from inside 'The Art Dept.' at the international 'Embassy of Ideas'.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...