Monday, February 11, 2013

Thoughts of Egypt










Celebration 2.0


we would have held hands on the streets
and embraced for the journo
swooping me off my feet
wiping the blood and tears from my face
but that was another eleven, eleven
now you find me in the crowd
searching for my name
the likes of which you had not seen
blue eyes blurring, watering
and you chase me, hunt me
on the wall, behind the wall
a toppling message collapses bricks
our palace now empty
we are alone with our new desires
liberating freedom, passionate words
now I find you in the crowd
knowing your name intimately
repeating the comments I had not heard
brown eyes weary, hopeful
and I chase you, hunt you
we could have held hands on the streets
and embraced for the journo
lifting each other off our feet
wiping the blood and sweat from our face
but this was another eleven, eleven
instead, we chose to make love
and it was revolutionary

- Patti Friday, Poet Industries (From the book 'Society o f Prophet Men')

Buy your instant book copy here.
Buy your 'actual' book copy here.




Patti Friday, Photojourno, reporting from inside 'The Art Dept.' at the international 'Embassy of Ideas'.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...