Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Mental Notes of Currie and The Plant Keeper
















Damn You Currie!!!!

Where are you?  I might lose a lung riding my Bobbin down the lane to the post box.  I watch for the plume of dust.  I listen for the man's screeching tires and echo of the crows flapping away in a panic. Then I know the mail has arrived.  It's been seventeen days since I got a letter from you. I only have eight cigarettes left.  I keep them in the freezer.  You know I hope to get something from you at least every pack. Remember?

In honour of harvesting and processing my Chinese lanterns yesterday I made home-made egg rolls to eat with my sugar-boiled corn..  Thank God I was able to find a greasy little packet of plum sauce way, way in the back of the junk drawer!  Do you like where I put your butterfly painting?  This plant is so aggressive. It is taking over the entire border down by the pond.  I'm OK with it. Plants needs to be free. I am packing up a box of about 50 stems to ship to your studio. They will look spooky cool in one of your old coffee cans.  Just dump those crusty used paintbrushes out of one.  I need the exact address. Hurry up now!

Did I tell you I bought a pink ukulele?  

Love Your Plant Keeper Forever.

(Read the whole story here)
















Like a serial novella, served in continuous installments, this page is my publishing house for 'Photofiction'. A story unfolds with my photographs, illustrations and mixed-media pieces. A graphic novel of sorts!
Patti Friday, Photojourno, reporting from inside 'The Art Dept.' at the international 'Embassy of Ideas'.


Peace Love Create Art 
Patti xo 



Thank You

 Subscribe to my Facebook


 Join the conversation on Twitter

 Pin Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...